Tenant FAQs

Commonly asked questions from tenants placed by the Council:

What are my obligations as a tenant?
• You will be expected to take good care of the home that has been made available to you.
• You must keep the property clean and tidy.
• You must report to Central Housing Group, who manage the property, any property maintenance problems (see – Report a Repair)
• You must carry out light maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs and batteries in smoke alarms and unblocking sinks and toilets.
• You must take the rubbish out to the communal rubbish bins, on the Council collection days.
• You must recycle your rubbish. We tell you how.
• You must ensure you, your household or your visitors respect the property you are in.
• You are not permitted to allow anyone else who is not on our specified occupancy list to stay in the property.
• You are expected to respect your neighbours and you are to ensure none of your household or visitors cause disturbance or annoyance to the neighbours living near you.
• You must permit regular property checks by our property inspector.

Do I have to pay for my gas, electricity and telephone?
• Yes – if you are a PLA or LHA tenant. These are your own responsibilities. We will give you information and take readings of gas and electricity meters before and after you move in. However, if you are occupying the property on a ‘Nightly Paid’ or ‘Bed & Breakfast’ basis, Central Housing Group will be responsible for paying your gas, electricity and water bills.

How can I get internet connection?
• You will have to make your own arrangements for internet connection, but you are not permitted to have a private sector supplier install their equipment in the property. Please contact us for more information.

Other frequently asked questions from tenants:

What do I do if there is something wrong with the property?
You have a responsibility to report any problem with the property. You must phone Central Housing Group and explain the problem.

What if I smell gas in the property?
Open the windows immediately and phone this emergency number: 0800 111 999

Who will fix the fridge or cooker if they break down?
We will arrange this.

When I want to leave, what do I have to do?
Please contact your Property Manager in our office and we will arrange to meet you at your property to collect your keys.

Please refer to our ‘Moving Out’ page on this website for further details about what you should remember to do when you move out of your property.

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Registered Office: Woodgate Studios, 2-8 Games Road, Cockfosters, Hertfordshire, EN4 9HN | Registered in England and Wales | Registered Company No. 3961047 | VAT Registration No. 752 6015 48


Social Media Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Google Rating
Based on 110 reviews