Preparing a flat to Let to the Council in Westminster
Thurso House, NW6
2 Bedroom Maisonette, Westminster
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Westminster, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including back doors & windows.
- Carry out a full clean to the property.
- Fit 2 x mains powered smoke alarms to the property (with battery back-up) linked to a Combined CO & Heat detector in the kitchen.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to the kitchen.
- Fit child safety restrictors to all large window openers.
- S/fit doorstops throughout property where required.
- S/fit thumb turn Euro mortice type lock to be fitted to entrance & exit doors.
- S/fit ½ hour rated fire door to kitchen with 3 steel hinges, fire rated handle and latch, overhead door closer & combined fire & smoke intumescent strips. S/fit mechanical extractor fan to bathroom to ventilate outside.
- S/fit mechanical extractor fan/hood to ventilate outside for kitchen and make core hole for fan.
- Cut back & de-weed/clean up.
- S/fit doorstop.
- Refix/secure 2 x base unit doors.
- S/fit mastic sealant to worktops.
- Paint w/machine & dryer area once appliances removed.
- Fit single glass, 70cm x 71cm with hole for fan required.
- Remove old CO/smoke alarm.
- Clean window frames & repaint, double glazed unit blown – renew if LA requests.
- Tack telephone cable to stairs.
- Clean & repaint window frames.
- Convert 1 x single socket to a twin.
- Run clear silicone over crack to mirror door.
- Fit knob to cupboard door.
- Ensure there is 2 x twin sockets in room.
- Paint 1 x wall, fix blind catch to wall.
- Clean & paint window frames.
- Replace/repair saniflow to w.c on 1st floor.
- Clean & repaint window.
- Renew mastic seal to bath.
- Bleach & clean grouting to tiles.
- S/fit humidistat fan & make core hole to wall.
- Make good boxing, s/fit doorstop.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you a landlord in the Westminster area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.