Preparing a flat to Let to the Council in Hillingdon
Shawfield Close, UB7
2 Bedroom Flat
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Hillingdon, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including window keys.
- Carry out full clean to property.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to kitchen.
- S/fit doorstops throughout property where required.
- Fit hasp, staple and padlocks to loft hatch in bathroom.
- S/fit new ½ hour rated fire door to kitchen with 3 steel hinges, handle & latch, overhead door closer & combined fire & smoke intumescent strips.
- Supply & fit mechanical extractor fan / hood to ventilate outside or via loft ducting for kitchen & bathroom fan.
- Remove all large furniture from flat.
- Renew flooring throughout – s/fit new laminate floor including beading to edges and floor strip ramps to edges of kitchen & bathroom. Clean and paint radiators where required.
- S/fit 2 x net curtains.
- 1 x light bulb required.
- S/fit solid metal doorstop.
- Remove or tack back loose cables.
- 1 x doorstop required.
- Remove mirror, 1 x lightbulb and tack loose cables.
- S/fit handle & latch to cupboard door and plane bottom of door as it catches on floor.
- Fit board in cupboard at high level between boiler cupboard.
- Check extractor fan and replace if necessary.
- S/fit new shower curtain.
- Fill holes to tiles, and make good tiles at back of bath and renew mastic seal to bath, s/fit mirror cabinet, towel ring and towel rail.
- S/fit privacy lock to door.
- Mastic seal around w.c. pan, wash hand basin and around all floor edges.
- S/fit new w.c. seat.
- Fit net and heavy curtains as required.
- Fit net and heavy curtains.
- S/fit chain for shower rail corner, refix new shower head holder on wall.
- Renew mastic sealant to worktops throughout.
- Renew plinths below based units or repaint these as look in poor condition.
- Renew 2 x cupboard door hinges on larder door and sink base unit, repair drawer – back part on left of cooker.
- Remove washing machine and cap off pipework.
- Seal edges of worktop by sink.
- Fit barrel bolt to boiler / meter cupboard door.
- Replace blind to window.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you a landlord in the Hillingdon area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.