Preparing a flat to Let to the Council in Harrow
Greenpark Court, HA0
2 Bedroom Flat, 1st Floor
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Harrow, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Tack all cables for Storage heaters to wall / skirting so not loose / hanging or potential trip hazard or loose so young children could pull these.
- S/fit night time (Blackout type) blinds for Lounge, Bed 1 & Bed 2.
- Also S/fit privacy blind to all windows (Lounge, Kitchen, Bed 1 & Bed 2 to prevent people looking in but still allowing light to come into property.
Entrance & Hallway:
- S/fit brass colour thumb-turn mortise type lock to flat door and fit brass matching escutcheon plate on both sides of door.
- S/fit new letterbox cover/flap on inside for privacy.
- S/fit solid metal doorstop for front door.
- S/fit privacy lock to door.
- S/fit doorstop for door – Fit white rubber grommet type onto the door where it hits the bath when opened fully.
- S/fit towel rail on back of door & towel ring on right of sink.
- S/fit extractor fan to have minimum 20 min override timer or continuous low voltage trickle type fan.
- Re-fix screw to handle on inside of door as coming away.
- Adjust 2 sets of cupboard doors close shut and fit silver barrel bolts at high level to prevent children accessing either cupboards.
- Fire door – There is a Large gap from top of door to doorframe on inside which is not acceptable as the door will need to have heat resistant strips fitted right round door so they close and create a seal between frame and door in event of a fire – This needs to be remedied as currently won’t meet the Council standards on fire door fitting.
- In addition the fire door need to be upgraded with an overhead door closer, 3 steel hinges required for door at present it only has 2 hinges, heat and smoke strips need to be fitted to door on all edges.
- Reposition doorstop as handle touches wall still.
- Paint washing machine area where exposed.
- Reverse fridge/freezer doors to be hinged on left side.
- S/fit 1 or 2 mains powered smoke alarms in hallway as required & interlink to a mains powered heat detector in the kitchen.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher on wall on left of sink but so that it’s visible from hob.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you are a landlord in the Harrow area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.