Preparing a Flat to Let to the Council in Harrow
Ford Close, HA1
1 Bedroom Flat, 1st Floor
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Harrow, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including window keys.
- Carry out full clean to property.
- S/fit a new 1 x mains powered smoke alarm (with battery back-up) linked to a mains heat detector in the kitchen.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to the kitchen.
- S/fit mains powered carbon monoxide alarm or battery operated one in room with boiler.
- S/fit doorstops throughout property where required.
- Dispose of all furniture items in flat. Repaint all radiators.
- Box in the bottom of boiler pipes on floor to prevent damage.
- Refix cover/grill to vent at floor level.
- Adjust door so closes & fit high level barrel bolt to stop children accessing area/room.
- 1 x doorstop.
- Convert 2 x single sockets to twin sockets.
- S/fit 1 x doorstop.
- Check if blinds are damaged, repair or replace.
- Clean extractor fan.
- Renew mastic sealant to bath (especially by bath taps).
- Renew shower curtain, s/fit mirror cabinet & towel ring, towel rail.
- S/fit normal waste for wash hand basin or clicker waste.
- Check & descale shower head.
- Renew door with ½ hour rated fire door, fit heat & smoke strips, 3 x steel hinges & overhead door closer.
- S/fit fire rated plasterboard above door to cover glass panel on both sides and seal and paint.
- Renew mastic sealant to worktops throughout.
- Fill grout to cracked tile.
- Clean extractor fan on wall.
- S/fit blind to window as missing on inspection.
- Descale sink tap head.
- Washing machine not essential, would recommend removal.
- Floor has large round marks on it.
- Check blinds are working ok and fit cord ties to keep away from children.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you are a landlord in the Harrow area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.