Preparing a flat to Let to the Council in Enfield
Maltby Drive, EN1
1st Floor, 2 Bedroom Flat
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Enfield, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including windows keys.
- Carry out full clean to property after all works completed.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher in kitchen.
- S/fit doorstops throughout the property.
- S/fit thumb turn Euro mortice type lock to be fitted to entrance door.
- S/fit ½ hour rated fire door to kitchen with 3 steel hinges, overhead door closer & combined fire & smoke intumescent strips.
- Fit sealed/covered light fitting to kitchen.
- Dispose of unwanted furniture items.
- Remove old smoke alarm, remove religious writing on door, s/fit night latch lock to front door, 1 x doorstop required.
- Make good decorations to walls and replace / repair border.
- Fit latch to door, remove strip light & mirror.
- Repaint walls, vinyl silk. Dispose of bed & mattress.
- S/fit new nets & heavy curtains.
- Tighten window handles & remove film to glass.
- Remove 2 x barrel bolts to door.
- S/fit nets & heavy curtains.
- Remove film and replace cracked glass panel.
- Paint ceiling.
- Make good paper/decorations to walls in 2 places.
- Dispose of bed and mattress.
- Repaint ceiling.
- Renew mastic sealant to bath & sink.
- Replace shower riser kit to wall.
- Fit window restrictor to bathroom opener.
- Re-fix handle to window and hinges to hot tank door Replace lino to bathroom.
- Repaint the ceiling.
- Remove 2 x sofas in lounge.
- Remove the electric fire.
- Reglaze 1 x window pane as cracked & one other misted, can be replaced in future.
- Repaint tiles & walls.
- S/fit blind to window.
- Renew mastic sealant throughout.
- Replace extractor hood.
- Replace damaged sink pipework & tighten handles to doors.
- Renew light to ceiling.
- Renew lino.
- Fit child safety restrictor to window if not already in place.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you are a landlord in the Enfield area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.