Preparing a flat to Let to the Council in Ealing
Kestrel House, W13
7th Floor, 2 Bedroom Flat
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Ealing, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including windows.
- Carry out a full clean to the flat.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to the kitchen.
- S/fit doorstops throughout property where required.
- S/fit ½ hour rated fire door to kitchen with 3 steel hinges, overhead door closer & combined fire & smoke intumescent strips.
- S/fit mechanical extractor fan/hood to ventilate outside for kitchen.
- Rake out all mastic to windows/frames & renew.
- Redecorate walls, woodwork & ceilings throughout.
- S/fit new 18th Edition fusebox with RCD built in & produce both EICR & EIR reports.
- S/fit main powered smoke alarm in hallway linked to a mains heat & CO detector in the kitchen.
- Hallway – Check single socket and wire correctly.
- Bedroom 2 – S/fit 2 x twin sockets for use & trunk power cable properly. Replace dimmer switch with normal switch.
- Bedroom 1 – S/fit 2 x twin sockets for use & trunk power cables around room correctly.
- Bathroom – S/fit enclosed light fitting & replace extractor fan with a Humidistat fan.
- Lounge – Replace sockets where required and ensure 2 x twin sockets for use. Check ceiling light as not working with halogen spots.
- Kitchen – S/fit 1 x extra twin socket above worktop opposite cooker required & main bonding on gas & water.
- S/fit trim to front edge of baseboard sink base unit.
- Paint backboard sink base unit.
- Make good chipped vinyl to wall unit right of hood.
- Replace hook & arm restrictor to window opener.
- S/fit doorstop, paint radiator & fuse box cupboard.
- Re-fix BT box to wall.
- Remove mirror on wall.
- S/fit batten rail, nets & heavy curtains.
- Clean up mastic around windows – Left side window opener snag/catches against frame.
- Repaint radiator.
- 1 x bulb required.
- Replace door as damaged.
- Renew threshold strip with one which is the correct colour match.
- Remove night latch on door & keep & fill door to make good.
- S/fit threshold strip to floor entrance.
- S/fit batten, rail & nets & heavy curtain to window.
- Remove shelf from wall.
- S/fit mirror cabinet.
- Renew mastic sealant to bath, wh basin & floor & all edges.
- S/fit doorstop.
- S/fit privacy lock to door.
- S/fit shower hose & head to taps.
- S/fit plug & chain to bath.
- S/fit shower riser kit.
- Window requires repair as not opening correctly – will not tilt.
- S/fit new w.c seat.
- Paint radiator.
- S/fit towel rail.
- Remove door in middle & refit to Bed 1.
- S/fit doorstop for lounge door.
- Remove lamp, s/fit batten, nets, rail & heavy curtains to windows x 2.
- Paint radiator.
- Right side opener restrictor faulty on large double window.
- Clean up mastic to window & replace.
- S/fit new threshold strip to entrance.
- S/fit fire door – open fire door inwards hinged on right side from hallway.
- Remove w/machine & cap off supply/waste.
- Tighten/refix base unit hinges/doors.
- S/fit backboard to sink base unit.
- Renew mastic sealant throughout.
- Replace worktop on right of gas cooker – rotten.
- Paint inside fridge cupboard & remove shelf above in case larger f/f supplied in future.
- Fit handle to base unit door on right of cooker.
- Fit 2 x bulbs to extractor hood & clean.
- Remove pelmet light.
- Refix trim at back of worktop behind cooker & left side.
- Replace sink mixer tap as faulty and leaks & hot tap not shutting.
- Clean & tidy up circle vent to glass window.
- Clean & paint. Repair boiler.
- S/fit cable restrictor to both openers by boiler.
- Refix handle to door to boiler & fit high level barrel bolt.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you a landlord in the Ealing area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.