Preparing a maisonette to Let to the Council in Brent
Temple Road, NW2
1st Floor, 3 Bedroom Maisonette
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Brent, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including window keys.
- Carry out a full clean to the property.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to wall in kitchen.
- S/fit professional child safety restrictors to all windows (remove all chains fitted).
- Fit mains powered carbon monoxide alarm in kitchen.
- Fit doorstops throughout property where required.
- Fit hasp, staple and padlocks to loft hatches.
- Insulate loft to 270mm if not insulated & remove all rubbish/items.
- S/fit thumb turn Euro mortice type lock to be fitted to garden door.
- Fit sealed/covered light fitting to kitchen.
- Repaint whole property with vinyl silk in magnolia, except kitchen & bathroom, woodwork & ceilings in white.
- Renew flooring throughout.
- Remove all door locks & overhead door closers on bedroom s/lounge.
- Board off glass to old shed & block off area on left.
- Make good all fences & remove all rubbish/debris etc.
- Ensure surfaces are even and no trip hazards in garden.
- Remove old wooden door on outside of property on 1st floor level (currently rotting) and brick up this area correctly on outside.
- Clip all wires/cables back to the building at rear & sides.
- Garden door requires replacing so water & weather tight.
- Paint staircase to garden & s/fit handrail.
- Remove shelving unit from wall on staircase.
- Remove fire place surround outside kitchen & remove wall lights.
- Make good roof loft light area & make water tight as previously leaked.
- Fit glass panel or board roof light area above hallway area?
- Remove unit behind stairs.
- Replace kitchen & connect extractor hood & vent outside & box in.
- Min 2/3 twin sockets above work surface for tenants appliances to be provided.
- Separate power supply for w/m, fridge/freezer also required.
- Make good boiler cupboard door & fit latch to keep closed.
- Create railing around staircase to garden & door to cover & fit child safety gate.
- Upgrade fire door with heat & smoke strips & overhead door closer.
- Wall on left to be sorted out (Wooden board on outside facing the garden).
- Replace bathroom suite and tiles.
- Replace radiator.
- Ensure a good size sink is fitted but to still allow access to bathroom.
- Renew extractor fan to fit a humidistat one.
- Fix light outside bathroom & fit extra one.
- S/fit more lights to hallway & bathroom corridor.
Bedroom 1 – Front (Master):
- 1 x misted window pane to be replaced.
Bedroom 2 – (Rear):
- Remove wardrobes & sink. Make good wall plaster/dry out.
- Remove old electric meter.
Bedroom 3 – (Box):
- S/fit nets & heavy curtains, remove shelf.
Bedroom 4 – (Top of Stairs):
- Remove wall between room 4/5 to create a large large lounge.
- S/fit skirting boards.
- 1 x misted window pane.
- Replace socket face & supply 1 x extra socket.
- S/fit nets & heavy curtains.
- Skirting board to be fitted.
- 1 x misted panel to be replaced, remove shelfs.
- S/fit nets & heavy curtains.
- Renew light switch.
- 1 x extra socket required.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you a landlord in the Brent area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.