Preparing a house to Let to the Council in Brent
Deacon Road, NW2
2 Bedroom Ground Floor Maisonette, Brent
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Brent, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including window & back door keys.
- Carry out full clean to property.
- S/fit 1 x mains powered smoke alarm (with battery back-up) linked to a combined CO alarm & heat detector in the kitchen.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to wall in kitchen.
- S/fit ½ hour rated fire door to kitchen with 3 steel hinges, overhead door closer & combined fire & smoke intumescent strips.
- S/fit mechanical extractor fan to ventilate outside for kitchen only if required in the future by a tenant or Local Authority.
- S/fit 1 x doorstop, noted 1 x cracked floor tile.
- Replace the mains fusebox in hallway.
- S/fit thumb turn locks x 2 (front door & kitchen side door)
- Remove extension lead in cupboard.
- S/fit additional worktop space with pole support on side wall only if required in the future depending on tenant or local authority.
- Remove pelmet light fittings to underside of wall units.
- Renew mouldy mastic sealant to bath & window area.
- Clean extractor fan.
- S/fit doorstop.
- Plane/adjust door, s/fit doorstop, s/fit white venetian blind to window.
- Remove mattress & convector heater.
- Coil aerial cable, s/fit valve head cover.
- S/fit 1 x doorstop.
- Renew/repair fence at rear on left side & right hand side.
- Clean & sweep out the rear garden area & side.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you a landlord in the Brent area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.