Preparing a maisonette to Let to the Council in Brent
Temple Road, NW2
3 Bedroom 1st Floor Maisonette, Brent
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Brent, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including window & back door keys.
- Carry out full clean to property.
- S/fit 2 x mains powered smoke alarms to both levels of property (with battery back-up) linked to a heat detector in the kitchen.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to wall in kitchen.
- S/fit child safety restrictors to all windows on 1st floor.
- S/fit main powered carbon monoxide alarm.
- S/fit doorstops throughout property where required.
- S/fit hasp, staple & padlock to the loft hatch.
- Insulate loft to 270mm if not insulated & remove all rubbish/items.
- Fit sealed/covered light fitting to kitchen.
- S/fit mechanical extractor fan/hood to ventilate outside for kitchen.
- Redecorate walls, woodwork & ceilings throughout.
- Renew flooring throughout.
- Remove all furniture throughout.
- Repaint wall on left outside & repaint front door.
- S/fit bulb to hall light & move position of light, doorstop for front door.
- S/fit new night latch to door.
Landing Area 1st Floor:
- Move fire extinguisher to kitchen.
- Remove battery smoke alarm.
- Board area to staircase/loft area so tenants can’t access but allow so loft/roof is still accessible for maintenance.
- Remove o/head door closer & lock & fit latch & handle.
- Remove battery smoke alarms.
- Board fireplace & vent.
- S/fit new nets & heavy curtains.
- S/fit new handle to middle window opener & child restrictor.
- Remove shelves & brackets from walls.
- Fit TRV valve to radiators x 2.
- Tack or remove telephone cables around door frame.
Bedroom 1 (Middle):
- Remove o/head door closer & lock to door & fit latch & handle.
- S/fit nets & heavy curtain.
- Replace child safety restrictor as damaged & not working.
- S/fit TRV. Remove mirror from wall. Remove door front extension & refit door or remove cupboard altogether.
Bedroom 2 (Rear):
- S/fit nets & heavy curtains.
- Clean up window frame.
- Renew shelves from walls.
- S/fit TRV for radiator.
- S/fit 1 x extra twin socket.
- S/fit skirting board to wall.
- Remove shelves.
- Make good skim plaster behind bed.
- Check gutters o/side room.
- Oil hinges.
- Paint window board.
- Remove o/head door closer & latch.
- Rerun power cable for light switch through loft and drop down to switch.
- S/fit light & switch by corner (LED).
- S/fit handle & privacy latch to door.
- Renew bathroom suite & retile.
- S/fit humidistat fan to replace existing fan.
- Shower rail & curtain, shower mixer tap required.
- Mirror cabinet, w.c holder, towel ring & rail also required.
- Replace kitchen & reposition oven, hob & sink.
- S/fit extractor fan – to be vented o/side.
- Sealed light fitting required.
- S/fit bannister/rail around floor door to garden.
- Upgrade fire door with heat & smoke strips & fit strip to bottom of door.
- Ensure 2 x twin sockets for use of tenant’s appliances (not including for f/freezer, w/machine, oven/hob etc.)
- Box in boiler pipework. Remove w/machine.
- Sweep & clean & remove rubbish.
- Repair fences to garden.
- Repaint o/side door & frame.
- Fit thumb turn lock to door.
- Paint staircase.
- S/fit drain cover.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you are a landlord in the Brent area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.