Preparing a house to Let to the Council in Brent
Temple Road, NW2
3 Bedroom Maisonette, 1st Floor
When getting this property prepared to let to Brent council, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including window & back door keys.
- Carry out full clean to property.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to wall in kitchen.
- S/fit child safety restrictors to all windows on 1st floor.
- S/fit doorstops throughout property where required.
- S/fit hasp, staple & padlock to the loft hatch.
- Insulate loft to 270mm if not insulated & remove all rubbish/items.
- Fit sealed/covered light fitting to kitchen.
- S/fit mechanical extractor fan/hood to ventilate outside for kitchen.
- Paint all fire doors in white gloss.
- Redecorate walls, woodwork & ceilings & radiators.
- Replace flooring throughout.
- Remove chain restrictors throughout.
- Repaint step outside front doorcheck.
Staircase / Landing:
- Replace carpet.
- Remove battery smoke alarm.
- Tighten hinges to cupboard on landing.
- Increase height of handrail to bannisters to be min 900mm or ideally 1000mm.
Bedroom 1 (Front):
- Board & vent fireplace.
- Remove shelve.
- Disable thumb turn lock.
Bedroom 2 (Rear):
- Remove old wall unit/cupboard.
- Board & vent fireplace.
- S/fit net curtain.
- Re-fix curtain pole properly.
- Disable thumb turn handle.
- Disable thumb turn lock on inside, dispose of items.
- Remove old shelves.
- Remove overhead door-closer.
- Fill holes to door by handle.
2 x smaller rooms to mid/rear:
- Repair leak to roof/stack/chimney.
- Remove partition to wall between both rooms & hallway at rear.
- Disable 2 x thumb turn locks, remove overhead door closers x 2.
- Finish edge to wall in rear room by partition.
- S/fit heavy curtains.
- Refit fire door to original entrance to room.
- Upgrade fire door with heat & smoke strips to door & new handle & latch.
- Renew kitchen throughout & worktop tiles etc.
- S/fit extractor fan to wall or hood etc.
- Replace back door & window to side (with opener).
- S/fit new lino & check floorboards as creaking & loose.
- Replace board above boiler cupboard.
- S/fit barrel bolts to boiler cupboard door.
- S/fit new 1500mm (smaller bath) bath with mixer tap (branded), with new shower mixer, new shower rail & curtain.
- New sink & taps.
- New w.c.
- S/fit new radiator to replace towel rail.
- S/fit privacy lock to door, towel rail, towel ring & w.c roll holder & mirror cabinet.
- Retile walls around bath.
- New flooring (lino).
- Reduce gap to metal balustrades to be less than 100mm.
- Replace lino floor covering to area & check/replace/refix boards underneath.
- Repaint door to staircase.
- Cover gaps between wood stair treads & s/fit handrail.
- Replace door at bottom of stairs.
- Repair gutter above staircase & fit end caps & downpipe to guide water.
- Repair slate loose tiles above staircase and replace cement fillet to tiles/wall.
- Cut back & clear all debris to garden area & remove slabs & stones etc.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you are a landlord in the Brent area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.