Preparing a 1st floor flat Let to the Council in New Barnet
York Road, EN5
1st Floor, 2 Bedroom Flat
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in New Barnet, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including window keys.
- Carry out a full clean to the property.
- Fit 1 x mains powered combined CO alarm & heat detector in kitchen to be linked with mains powered smoke detector in the hallway.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to wall in kitchen.
- Fit doorstops throughout property where required.
- S/fit hasp, staple and padlock to loft hatch.
- S/fit thumb turn Euro mortice type lock to be fitted to front door.
- S/fit ½ hour rated fire door to kitchen with 3 steel hinges, overhead door closer & combined fire & smoke intumescent strips.
- S/fit mechanical extractor fan to bathroom to ventilate outside & s/fit mechanical extractor fan/hood to ventilate outside for kitchen if required by LA in future.
- S/fit blind safety catches/cords to all blinds.
- Thumb turn lock required to replace mortise lock.
- Remove battery smoke alarm.
- S/fit new w.c seat.
- S/fit hand towel rail.
- S/fit new door.
- Coil aerial cables.
- Disconnect gas fire and cap off.
- Make good worktops to kitchen.
- Repair/replace extractor hood.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you a landlord in the New Barnet area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.