Revealed – landlord trends when requesting information about agents
An agency comparison website has released information on landlord preferences and activities which it says can help agents market more effectively.
Rentround has crunched the data from 35,000 different landlords who have accessed its website.
– most landlords appear to be aged 50-plus;
– heaviest landlord activity is conducted on mobile devices;
– significant online activity on Sundays, with Tuesdays and Wednesdays least active;
– most landlord activity online is 3pm to 5pm;
– searches for agents on the Rentround website are split by type of service, with 42 per cent of searches being for full management; 24 per cent for tenant-find-only; and 19 per cent for guaranteed rent;
– there was a significant increase in guaranteed rent searches this year from June onwards, reflecting concerns over the pandemic.
Raj Dosanjh, the comparison site’s founder, says: “Key data can indicate to agents how their propositions need to be updated, where and when to market, and who is their target market plus avenues to best get exposure to them.
“In addition letting agents and property managers must ensure first and foremost their services and prices are competitive. This then provides a strong basis for marketing plans to increase leads and conversions.”