Repossession form N5B updated by government

Landlords who want to claim possession of a property must now provide copies of their gas safety certificates, EPC and how t

o rent booklet as part of their application.

The government has introduced the new requirements in its updated N5B form for England.

The N5B is the form landlords must fill in after the use of a Section 21 Notice for so called ‘no fault’ possession if they are making a claim in the County Court

In addition to the changes above the revised form also asks the landlord to fill in the date of the last three gas safety certificates and confirm a certificate was served to the tenant before they occupied the property.

It has also brought in an updated statement of truth, in line with changes to the civil procedure rules being brought in on Monday.

Landlords will also need to answer questions around prohibited fees in the tenant fees act.

Supplying EPCs and other documents has always been good practice, but the new form makes it mandatory.

The new form can be found here.

Written by Sally Walmsley

Blog Post from Residential Landlords Association

See details of our Guaranteed Rent Scheme here

If you have any comments, please email the author of this article and click on the link above

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Post Type Selectors

Registered Office: Woodgate Studios, 2-8 Games Road, Cockfosters, Hertfordshire, EN4 9HN | Registered in England and Wales | Registered Company No. 3961047 | VAT Registration No. 752 6015 48


Social Media Auto Publish Powered By :
Google Rating
Based on 109 reviews