Preparing a flat to Let to the Council in Westminster
Oldbury House, W2
1st & 2nd Floor, 3 Bedroom Flat
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Westminster, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- S/fit 4 x full sets of keys including back doors & windows.
- Carry out a full clean to the property. S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to the kitchen.
- S/fit child safety restrictors to all windows on 1st & 2nd floor.
- S/fit doorstops throughout property where required.
- Upgrade existing fire door with 1 x extra steel hinge, overhead door closer & combined fire & smoke intumescent strips & to close properly.
- S/fit sealed/covered light fitting to kitchen.
- S/fit mechanical extractor fan to bathroom to ventilate outside.
- S/fit mechanical extractor fan/hood to ventilate outside for kitchen.
- Renew floor coverings throughout the flat.
- Clean & sweep & rubbish clear balcony area.
- S/fit net curtains to windows & door.
- Clean window frames, fit restrictor to left side opener.
- Clean PVC boards & mould on seal.
- Make good fireplace cover, 1 x bulb required.
- Re-fix door handle as loose.
- Re-fix night latch – missing screw. Replace batteries to smoke alarm – beeping.
- Remove old battery smoke alarm.
- Repaint/varnish front door & wooden frame around.
- S/fit globe light fitting, mains powered CO alarm & mechanical extractor fan to wall.
- Renew 2 x net curtains.
- Replace worktops on left & right of sink.
- S/fit new cooker.
- S/fit worktop on right of cooker & some wall units.
- Remove large shelf on wall.
- Clean heat detector.
- Box in boiler pipework.
- Renew mastic sealant around window frames (mouldy/black).
- Clean, paint & make good back board area to base units & wall under boiler.
- Upgrade fire door.
- S/fit fan to window – Glass size 126mm (w) X 104mm (h).
- S/fit towel ring for hand towels.
- S/fit pop up waste.
- Renew mastic to window frame.
- Clean grouting to bath tiles/walls.
- Redo sealant around bath.
- S/fit shower hose, head & mixer kit for mixer tap & shower rail & curtain.
- Mastic seal to window, 1 x bulb required.
- S/fit net curtains.
- Adjust door so its closes properly.
- Valve head cover.
- 1 x valve head cover required.
- S/fit nets & heavy curtain to window.
- Repair left side tilt & turn window mechanism.
- 1 x bulb required.
- Renew mastic sealant to window frames.
- Clean frame of windows.
- Clean & repaint reveal around window frames.
- Convert 2 x single plugs sockets to double points.
- 1 x bulb required.
- Net curtains required.
- Clean & paint window reveal & renew mastic sealant around frames.
- 1 x doorstop required.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you a landlord in the Westminster area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.