Preparing a flat to Let to the Council in New Barnet
York Road, EN5
Ground Floor, 2 Bedroom Flat
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in New Barnet, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including window keys.
- Carry out full clean to property.
- Fit 1 x mains powered smoke alarm (with battery back-up) linked to a combined CO & heat detector in the kitchen.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to wall in kitchen.
- S/fit doorstops throughout the property.
- S/fit thumb turn Euro mortice lock to entrance doors.
- S/fit ½ hour rated fire door to kitchen with 3 steel hinges, overhead door closer & combined fire & smoke intumescent strips.
- S/fit mechanical extractor fan/hood to ventilate outside for kitchen only if required by L.A.
- Repaint walls, woodwork & ceilings throughout except for bathroom.
- S/fit laminate floor to hallway, lounge, bed 1 & 2.
- S/fit lino to kitchen.
- Board glass panel door from top to bottom on both sides.
- Board fire place, vent and paint.
- S/fit pendant to light.
- Adjust door to close properly.
- S/fit doorstop.
- Renew light with pendant.
- PAT test intercom power on wall/hallway.
- Remove old battery smoke alarm bases to ceiling.
- S/fit extractor hood with charcoal filter.
- S/fit fused spur for boiler power.
- S/fit 1 x twin socket for washing machine.
- S/fit earth bonding for gas and water pipes in cupboard.
- S/fit sealed light fitting to ceiling.
- Renew sealant to worktops.
- Re-support worktops on left of sink.
- S/fit new deck mixer tap.
- F/freezer needs to be a 50/50 size.
- Make good decorations to area under boiler & area below sink wall/backboard.
- S/fit mastic seal to floor by door, wash hand basin floor & w.c. pan.
- S/fit mastic sealant to wh basin.
- Renew shower curtain with heavy duty one.
- Renew w.c seat.
- Paint bottom of radiator where rusting.
- S/fit 1 x chrome metal long towel rail.
- 1 x valve head cover required for radiator.
- Ease & adjust sliding wardrobe doors in bedroom.
- Remove D.I.Y light.
- Repaint fitted wardrobe doors & frame etc.
- Remove lampshade.
- Remove lampshade.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you a landlord in the New Barnet area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.