Preparing a flat to Let to the Council in Hillingdon
Lowdell Close, UB7
2 Bedroom House
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Hillingdon, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including back doors & window keys.
- Carry out full clean to property. S/fit 2 x mains powered smoke alarms to both levels of property (with battery back-up) linked to a heat detector in the kitchen.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to the kitchen.
- S/fit key operable locks to all ground floor windows with openers.
- S/fit mains powered carbon monoxide alarm in bedroom 1.
- S/fit doorstops throughout property where required. Board/cover all glass doors up to 1 metre high or fit child safety film.
- S/fit hasp, staple and padlocks to loft hatch – combination locks.
- S/fit 2 x thumb turn Euro mortice type lock to be fitted to entrance & exit doors.
- S/fit ½ hour rated fire door to kitchen with 3 steel hinges overhead door closer & combined fire & smoke intumescent strips.
- S/fit sealed/covered light fitting to kitchen.
- S/fit mechanical extractor fan/hood to ventilate outside for kitchen – only if required by Local Authority.
- Redecorate walls & woodwork throughout.
- Renew carpets throughout.
- S/fit nets & heavy curtains throughout.
- Fit barrel bolt to gas meter door.
- Refix door on right hand side.
- S/fit child safety film to inner door by porch.
- Paint gas pipe.
- Coil aerial cable.
- 1 x bulb required.
- Remove battery smoke alarm.
- Dispose of under counter fridge.
- Reset loose & moving laminate floor.
- Paint shelf in cupboard & upstand / end.
- Refix/tighten hinges to base units.
- Inner glass to oven door missing.
- Secure oven with screws.
- Replace board behind sink.
- Paint window ledge & renew mastic sealant to worktop.
- Replace board for worktop support by washing machine area.
- S/fit coir mat inside kitchen.
- Refix damaged tiles by back door area.
- Cut back on right side & rear.
- Clear debris, repair gate & back fence.
- Paint gas pipe.
- Check immersion heater cover and refix.
- Convert 2 x single sockets to twins.
- Convert 2 x single sockets to twin.
- Refix door handle.
- S/fit chain for shower rail corner, refix new shower head holder on wall.
- Renew mastic to bath & clean grout.
- S/fit tiles by bath taps to wall.
- Renew mirror cabinet & mastic seal.
- S/fit towel ring & towel rail.
- Oil privacy lock.
- Renew lino to floor.
- Replace board below sink.
- Replace sink waste to with a clicker type to wash hand basin.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you a landlord in the Hillingdon area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.