Preparing a 2 bedroom maisonette to Let to the Council in Hillingdon
Errol Gardens, UB4
1st Floor, 2 Bedroom Maisonette
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Hillingdon, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- S/fit 4 x full sets of keys including back doors & windows.
- Carry out a full clean to the property.
- Fit 1 x mains powered smoke alarm (with battery back-up) linked to a combined heat detector & CO in the kitchen.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to the kitchen.
- S/fit child safety cable window restrictors to 4 large openers.
- S/fit doorstops throughout property where required.
- Fit 2 x hasp, staple & combination padlocks to loft hatch.
- S/fit thumb turn Euro mortice type lock to be fitted to entrance door.
- S/fit ½ hour rated fire door with 3 steel hinges, overhead closer & combined fire & smoke intumescent strips.
- Fit sealed globe light fitting to bathroom.
- Fit sealed/covered light fitting to kitchen.
- S/fit mechanical extractor fan to bathroom to ventilate outside – if required by Local Authority.
- S/fit mechanical extractor fan/hood to ventilate outside for kitchen – if required by Local Authority.
- S/fit net curtains to window.
- S/fit 3/4 bulbs to light fittings.
- S/fit new window hinges to right side opener & left side opener.
- Refix t.v aerial socket face to wall.
- Remove mirror from wall.
- S/fit carpet and underlay to lounge.
- Dispose of sofa and table.
- S/fit new carpet to entrance hallway, staircase & landing.
- Tack heater cable to wall.
- S/fit 2 x doorstops to both doors on g/floor.
- Fill step to door to rear garden & paint.
- S/fit board/door to prevent child access to under stairs cupboard area and access to meters.
- Repaint all kitchen units/cupboard doors in white gloss.
- S/fit filter to cooker hood.
- Remove/disconnect w/machine & dryer & cap off.
- S/fit tile to floor & paint wall at back where dryer & w/machine are.
- Tighten/adjust hinges to units.
- S/fit mastic sealant to worktops.
- S/fit net curtain to window.
- Adjust worktop & joining strip on left of sink.
- Refix with brackets board on right of dryer to wall.
- S/fit 2 x fridge door shelf pieces for fridge.
- Refix support post to sink base unit door.
- Renew mastic sealant to wash hand basin & bath.
- S/fit plug & chain.
- S/fit shower curtain & remove old glass screen & fit chain support for curtain to ceiling.
- Repair hole/damaged floorboard under carpet–re-support.
- S/fit nets & heavy curtains.
- Convert 1 x single socket to twin.
- Fit old wardrobe backboard to side of cupboard unit on right of window.
- Replace 2 wardrobe door hinges.
- Adjust high wall unit to secure door shut and remove handle.
- Clean off mould to wall in corner. S/fit trv valve to radiator.
- Fill hole to wall below socket & resecure overhead unit hinges-loose.
- Dismantle & remove wardrobe (broken/wobbly).
- S/fit nets & heavy curtains.
- S/fit valve head cover.
- Convert single to twin socket.
- Coil & tape aerial cable.
- Remove screws and fill holes (4 to wall).
- S/fit new upvc window handle.
Hallway outside kitchen:
- Remove battery smoke alarm.
- Secure plastic triangle roof cover.
- Require fence panel to cover old trellice area on left and make provisions for gate/neighbour access.
- Gate on right at rear ply board over on both sides & paint/treat.
- S/fit drain cover to gulley.
- Fit fence panel to remove small trellice area on left at very rear of garden.
- S/fit padlock to external shed.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you a landlord in the Hillingdon area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.