Preparing a maisonette to Let to the Council in Hillingdon
Berwick Avenue, UB4
First Floor, 2 Bedroom Maisonette
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Hillingdon, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including back doors & windows.
- Carry out a full clean to the property & a shampoo clean to the carpets.
- Fit 1 x mains powered smoke alarm to hallway (with battery back-up) linked to a combined CO & Heat detector in the kitchen.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to the kitchen.
- Fit child safety restrictors to all large window openers (8).
- S/fit doorstops throughout property where required (6).
- Fit 2 x hasp, staple and combination padlocks to loft hatch.
- S/fit thumb turn Euro mortice type lock to be fitted ground floor entrance door.
- S/fit ½ hour rated fire door to kitchen with 3 steel hinges, fire rated handle and latch, overhead door closer & combined fire & smoke intumescent strips. Oil/Grease all window hinges.
- S/fit 2 x window restrictors required.
- Disable locking door handle.
- Disconnect electric heater in fireplace and label.
- Secure oven with screws.
- S/fit door stop for new fire door.
- 1 x doorstop required.
- Make good around window reveal and paint this area.
- Fill approx. 10 holes & paint 1 x wall on right hand side & s/fit new vent to wall & reduce size of airbrick hole so does not let so much air in.
- S/fit 2 x window hinges to be replaced.
- Remove blinds from windows & s/fit net curtains & heavy curtains to this room window.
- Disable locking door handle to room. S/fit doorstop.
- Renew window hinges to left & right side openers (2 pairs).
- S/fit doorstop.
- Disable bedroom locking door handle.
- Refix hinges to cupboard & s/fit 2 x barrel bolts to doors (silver required).
- Remove battery smoke alarm.
- S/fit doorstop to flat door on 1st floor level.
- S/fit thumbturn lock to outer door by ground floor external.
- Repaint external front door.
- Cut back ivy on rear side wall by window to bedroom.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you a landlord in the Hillingdon area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.