Preparing a house to Let to the Council in Harrow
The Chase, HA8
4 Bedroom House, Edgware
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Harrow, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including back doors & windows.
- Carry out a full clean to the property & a shampoo clean to the carpets.
- Fit 3 x mains powered smoke alarms to all levels of property (with battery back-up) linked to a combined heat detector in the kitchen.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to the kitchen.
- Fit child safety restrictors to all large window openers.
- S/fit key operable locks to all ground floor windows with openers.
- S/fit mains powered carbon monoxide alarm in hallway.
- S/fit doorstops throughout property where required.
- Fit hasp, staple and combination padlocks to loft hatch areas (code 2010).
- S/fit 2 x thumb turn Euro mortice type lock to be fitted to entrance & garden door.
- S/fit 2 x ½ hour rated fire doors to kitchen & lounge with 3 steel hinges, fire rated handle and latch, overhead door closer & combined fire & smoke intumescent strips.
- Fit sealed/covered light fitting to kitchen.
- S/fit 2 x twin sockets per bedroom.
- Disconnect & disable house alarm.
- Paint walls where required.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you a landlord in the Harrow area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.