Preparing a house to Let to the Council in Harrow
Salmond Close, HA7
3 Bedroom House, Harrow
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Harrow, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including back doors & windows.
- Carry out a full clean to the property & a shampoo clean to the carpets.
- Fit 2 x mains powered smoke alarms to the property (with battery back-up) linked to a Combined CO & Heat detector in the kitchen.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to the kitchen.
- Fit child safety restrictors to all large window openers (3).
- S/fit doorstops throughout property where required.
- Fit hasp, staple and combination padlocks to loft hatch.
- S/fit thumb turn Euro mortice type lock to be fitted to entrance & exit doors.
- S/fit ½ hour rated fire door to kitchen with 3 steel hinges, fire rated handle and latch, overhead door closer & combined fire & smoke intumescent strips and seal glass panels with fire rated plasterboard on both sides of panels by kitchen door and paint white.
- S/fit sealed light fitting.
- Finish floor – edges by tiles.
- S/fit barrel bolt lock to electric door.
- Remove all furniture.
- Make good skirting board paint work.
- Replace glass door with plain wooden one or board glas panels to door up to 1 metre high.
- Fit floor ramp for door entrance.
- Check tap as leaking and replace.
- S/fit new mastic sealant to worktops.
- Clean extractor fan in window.
- Check floor tiles.
- Repair oven door or replace oven.
- Remove mirror from wall, oil window restrictors so they work.
- Remove bed & base.
- Blind cable requires safety catch.
- Remove bedside table & chair.
- Remove mirror from wall.
- Renew restrictor & fit blind safety catch.
Bedroom 3 (Ground Floor):
- S/fit doorstop.
- S/fit new blind.
- Repaint skirting board white.
- Clean walls.
- Renew/repair w.c seat.
- Renew mastic sealant to shower cubicle only, s/fit towel ring.
- Board balustrades at top of stairs.
- Cupboard on 1st floor – Remove mirror & table top.
- Tidy up, clear & cut back rear garden and dispose of rubbish/clear.
- Repair gutter
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you are a landlord in the Harrow area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.