Preparing a flat to Let to the Council in Edmonton
Pycroft Way, N9
1 Bedroom 2nd Floor Flat, Edmonton
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Edmonton, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including window keys.
- Carry out full clean to property.
- Fit 1 x mains powered smoke alarm (with battery back-up) linked to a heat detector in kitchen.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher.
- S/fit doorstops throughout property where required.
- S/fit hasp, staple & combination padlocks to the loft hatch.
- S/fit thumb turn Euro mortice lock to be fitted to flat entrance door.
- S/fit mechanical extractor fan to bathroom to ventilate outside & s/fit mechanical extractor fan/hood to bathroom to ventilate outside for kitchen if required by tenant or Local Authority.
- S/fit 1 x doorstop, s/fit nets, heavy curtains and curtain pole.
- Convert 2 x single sockets to twin sockets.
- S/fit latch to door to keep closed.
- Clean and paint door floor threshold bar.
- S/fit end caps / metal heat strips to sides of worktop by cooker.
- Tighten 1 x hinge to wall unit.
- Remove washing machine and cap off pipework.
- Replace 1 x twin socket face plate by light switch.
- Renew mastic sealant to worktops.
- S/fit filter to cooker hood.
- Upgrade existing fire door with heat & smoke strips and an overhead door closer.
- Replace or repair 1 x wall light fitting.
- Clean and paint door threshold bar.
- Clip heater cable to wall securely.
- S/fit nets & heavy curtains and pole.
- S/fit Economy 7 Night Storage Heater.
- S/fit clicker waste to sink.
- Renew mastic seal to whole ledge by sink.
- Renew mastic sealant to whole shower tray/cubicle.
- Repaint ceiling. Renew W.C. seat.
- Reconnect off-peak immersion water heater and check peak immersion heater and wire correctly and s/fit cover to immersion.
- S/fit lino to floor and mastic seal all edges.
- S/fit blind to window.
- S/fit cover to shower waste drain in cubicle.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you are a landlord in the Edmonton area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.