Preparing a house to Let to the Council in Edmonton
Monmouth Road, N9
3 Bedroom House
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Edmonton, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including window keys.
- Carry out a full clean to the property.
- Carry out shampoo to carpets in through lounge.
- Fit 2 x mains powered smoke alarms to both levels of property (with battery back-up) linked to a heat detector in the kitchen.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to wall in kitchen.
- Fit doorstops throughout property where required.
- Fit mains powered carbon monoxide alarm to bedroom 2 ceiling.
- Fit hasp, staple and padlocks to loft hatch.
- Insulate loft to 270mm if not insulated & remove all rubbish/items.
- S/fit thumb turn Euro mortice type lock to be fitted to entrance & kitchen doors.
- S/fit ½ hour rated fire door to kitchen with 3 steel hinges, overhead door closer & combined fire & smoke intumescent strips.
- Repaint house throughout – woodwork, walls & ceilings.
- S/fit nets & heavy curtains throughout with wooden battens to be fitted above windows and track/rail fitted to this.
- S/fit new double glazing to ground floor 3 windows, first floor 4 windows.
- S/fit new carpet to hallway, staircase & bedroom 1 and refit from Bed 1 into Bed 2.
- S/fit lino to kitchen & bathroom.
- S/fit nets & heavy curtains & new track or rail on wooden batten.
- S/fit valve head cover to radiator. Remove old gas fire & board & vent old hole.
- Remove shelves from wall & trunk electric cables.
- Plane door to room, s/fit handle & latch to door.
- Fill holes to ceiling & behind socket.
- Fit barrel bolt to electric cupboard doors.
- Dispose of shed & rubbish in corner.
- Remove old security lights & radiator.
- Remove metal conduits on wall & around garden door.
- Remove & dispose of w/machine & gas cooker.
- Replace sink & taps & worktop (to a black marble effect).
- Replace worktop on right side units & fit oven, hob & extractor chimney (Howdens) with oven housing in the middle of this row of units.
- S/fit additional sockets for washing machine & above worktop on right of hob.
- S/ft fit extractor fan to wall on left side of sink high up.
- Fit 2 x security/sensor lights to side & rear of garden.
- Adjust door to gas meter area to close securely & fit bolt.
- Fit sealed/covered light fitting to kitchen.
- S/fit doorstop.
- S/fit radiator valve head cover.
- Remove mirror.
- S/fit a new bath & bath mixer taps with shower hose.
- Plane & adjust door & fit handle & latch.
- New w.c seat required.
- Mastic seal around wash hand basin. w.c roll holder & towel rail required.
- S/fit blind to window.
- Retain electric shower.
- S/fit humidistat extractor fan to bathroom and make core hole to vent this outside.
- S/fit sealed light fitting.
- Box/cover hot pipes to heating system.
- Board staircase balustrades as the gap is too wide.
- Check loft for insulation.
- Remove old battery smoke alarm.
- Remove carpet to room & refit to bed 2.
- Remove wardrobes.
- S/fit new door handle latch & hinges etc.
- 2 x twin sockets required.
- Remove glass shade to light.
- S/fit TRV & valve head cover.
- Strip wall paper where old staining was.
- Convert single socket to twin socket.
- Fit barrel bolts to door to hot tank.
- Remove glass lampshade.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you a landlord in the Edmonton area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.