Preparing a flat to Let to the Council in Ealing
Northcote Avenue, W5
Ground Floor, 3 Bedroom Flat
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Ealing, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including back doors & windows.
- Carry out a full clean to the house.
- S/fit 1 x mains powered smoke alarm (with battery back-up) linked to a heat detector in the kitchen.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to the kitchen.
- S/fit key operable locks to all ground floor windows with openers.
- S/fit doorstops throughout property.
- S/fit 2 x thumb turn Euro mortice type locks to be fitted to entrance & garden door.
- S/fit ½ hour rated fire door to kitchen with 3 steel hinges, overhead door closer & combined fire & smoke intumescent strips.
- S/fit fire rated glass panel above kitchen fire door.
- S/fit sealed globe light to bathroom or IP rated spotlights.
- S/fit sealed/covered light fitting to kitchen.
- Redecorate walls, woodwork & ceilings throughout.
- S/fit new nets & heavy curtains throughout.
- S/fit doorstop, remove mirrors on wall.
- S/fit TRV to radiator.
- Renew triple spotlight & replace blown bulbs to spots.
- Coil all cables neatly, tack cables.
- Replace light fitting.
- Re-fix t.v aerial box.
Bedroom 1 (Rear):
- Remove wardrobes, make good door as damagaed by lock.
- Adjust door closing.
- Replace light fitting.
- Replace w.c seat, renew blind, cap off douche & remove mirror.
- S/fit ramp strip to floor entrance.
- Make good door & s/fit privacy lock.
- S/fit new bath panel, renew mastic sealant.
- S/fit hose & head to shower.
- S/fit plug & chain.
- S/fit blind to window.
- Renew w.c seat.
- S/fit mirror cabinet.
- S/fit humidstat extractor fan to ceiling.
- 1 x bulb required.
- S/fit shower rail & curtain & remove old screen.
- S/fit fire rated glass above kitchen door or s/fit fire rated plasterboard on both sides.
- Replace kitchen.
- S/fit new blind & nets.
- Tile area to wall behind w/machine & dishwasher where exposed.
- S/fit new pendant light to dining area.
- S/fit TRV valve.
- Secure drain pipes to wall outside drains for kitchen with extra clips to support.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you are a landlord in the Ealing area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.