Preparing a flat to Let to the Council in Ealing
Coopers Court, W3
3rd Floor, 2 Bedroom Flat
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Ealing, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Repaint walls, woodwork & ceilings throughout.
- S/fit 4 x full sets of keys including windows.
- Carry out a full clean to the property.
- Renew Fusebox in hallway to comply with 18th Edition electrical standards.
- Fit 2 x new mains powered smoke alarms to both levels of property (with battery back-up) linked to a heat detector in the kitchen.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to the kitchen.
- Fit child safety restrictors to all windows x 7 to large openers.
- S/fit doorstops throughout property where required.
- Fit hasp, staple and padlocks to loft hatch.
- Fit sealed globe light fitting to bathroom.
- Upgrade heating system to flat with Economy 7 / Night Storage Heaters to be fitted in lounge, hallway (2).
- Renew 7 wall light fittings as not earthed in lounge.
- Upgrade existing fire door with overhead door closer & heat & smoke strips.
- Move panel heater to other side of room by kitchen windows.
- S/fit 4 x net curtains incl. kitchen window.
- Replace cracked face plate to socket below wall light.
- S/fit track & heavy curtains to window on side near kitchen.
- Remove large wall display unit & wall light on plug.
- Understairs Cupboard – Disconnect & remove washing machine & cap off pipework etc. (leave in lounge with dishwasher).
- Remove extension leads.
- S/fit missing round bannisters post base part.
- 2 x sky lights – rub down frame and re-varnish.
- Remove step to walk-in area.
- Remove boarding of original loft hatch so accessible in future from hallway.
- Remove architrave & plasterboard over to loft space access & fit skirting board etc.
- Hallway cupboard – S/fit doorstop.
- Fit hasp staple & combination padlocks to loft hatch (2) & free up hatch on inside.
- Refix/repair & secure right side skirting board.
- Remove dishwasher and leave in lounge & cap off plumbing.
- Refix pole & door support to sink unit door.
- Re-fix/secure handle, make good floor entrance by tiles.
- S/fit new mastic sealant to bath & wash hand basin.
- S/fit shower rail & curtain.
- Remove rusting metal shelf on wall.
- Renew bath panel as cracked at bottom.
- Paint inside wardrobe (walls & woodwork).
- Remove & dispose of bed & chest of drawers.
- S/fit nets & heavy curtains & curtain track/pole & batten.
- 1 x screw to lights switch required.
- Refix white plinth by shower.
- Refix towel rail.
- Renew sealant to shower cubicle.
- Clean extractor fan.
- Make good wall outside of shower cubicle doors.
- S/fit towel ring & w.c roll holder.
- Resecure mirror cabinets to wall.
- Renew grout to floor where required.
- Remove bed, tack heater cable to wall safely.
- S/fit nets & heavy curtains & batten/track/pole.
- Remove extension lead.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you are a landlord in the Ealing area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.