Preparing a house to Let to the Council in Brent
Church Road, NW10
2 Bedroom Flat, Ground Floor
When getting this property prepared to let to the council in Brent, we performed a detailed assessment of general property standards, listing items to be removed or replaced, repair works if any to bring the property up to the required standards.
As part of Central Housing Group’s service we completed the list of maintenance and upgrades listed below and organised the Gas Safety report, NICEIC Electrical Installation report, Portable Appliance Test report and Energy Performance Certificate needed to let the property to the council.
Works completed included:
- Supply 4 x full sets of keys including window keys.
- Carry out full clean to property.
- S/fit fire blanket & extinguisher to wall in kitchen.
- S/fit key operable locks to all windows with openers.
- S/fit thumb turn mortice type lock to be fitted to entrance & exit doors.
- S/fit gate if Local Authority require in future.
- S/fit doorbell on outside & label.
- S/fit new LED light enclosed and reposition away from meter cupboard doors opening.
- S/fit doorstop to communal door. Tack cable to wall for telephone. Label G/F flat door.
- S/fit thumb turn lock to flat door & carry out upgrade works as per FRA.
- S/fit double glazed windows to front bay.
- S/fit new laminate wooden floor or carpet to room.
- Move doorstop position.
- S/fit 1 x pair of heavy curtains to window.
- PVA Unibond the plasterboard walls and skim plaster esp. above radiator scrape & make good plaster and on right of wall.
- Repaint whole room & make good.
- S/fit 1 x pair of curtains.
- Remove old CO alarm to ceiling (electric).
- S/fit new ply bath panel only.
- Replace rotten boxing at back of bath on floor.
- Remove tiles around bath & s/fit new tiles (large).
- S/fit new shower hose to bath tap & riser kit to wall.
- S/fit towel rail. S/fit new lino & seal around.
- S/fit blind (roller) to window.
- Replace extractor fan if and fit new brown cover outside & carry out new NICEIC & PAT & replace light to hallway.
- Small crack to W.C cistern by handle and may require replacing in future.
- S/fit new combined heat & co alarm & remove old ones.
- Make good ceiling.
- Replace boiler unit/boxing in cupboard.
- Make good boxing in.
- Make good around wall below boiler.
- Box in pipework behind fridge.
- S/fit end cap to worktop.
- Renew lino to floor.
- Renew hinge to wall unit left of oven.
- Make good inside of sink basin unit doors / S/fit net curtain & blind.
- S/fit fence to rear across back.
- Tack cables x 2 (black & white) to wall on side of house.
We are always looking for new landlords:
If you are a landlord in the Brent area then please contact us for a Free, no obligation guaranteed rent valuation.